Speaking of parties, we just had my daughters 3rd birthday party this past weekend; it was Strawberry Shortcake themed and I would LOVE to share my cake with you.
Ok, I’m not gonna lie… I’m really proud of this cake.
Like, SUPER proud of this cake.
So much so, that’d I would like to share with you how I did it.
1. Start with a strawbery cake (boxed… which was FANTASTIC!!)
2. Put on a crumb coat using whatever icing you want. I used canned because I didn’t feel like making half a dozen batches of icing. This was buttercream.
4. Put the 3rd layer on (secured with skewers… we should have leveld the cake, but we didn’t) and crumb coat and chill.
5. NOW using my Grandma’s Wedding Icing recipe, cover the whole cake in green.
7. … then smooth the pond out and added the pathway (PS I used valentine’s m&ms)
8. Next came the grass using tip 33. And then I took a break because my hand got sore. Back to the fridge went the cake.
Now we are ready for PARTY DAY!
I almost couldn’t cut into it… but with 17 3 year olds hovering around begging for cake, I had to give in.