E went from a crib this year to her “big girl” bed and the Mr. and I have this notion that our children will move out with the furniture we bought them as a child, so we spring for the best quality you can find and where else to get the best quality, but Pottery Barn? So, we spent a pretty penny on her furniture, but I could NOT be any happier with it! I, seriously, love her room. It’s on the main floor, so sometimes I go sit in there and “chill” sometimes and I’m still able to hear the kids playing in the living room. I wanted to give you a little tour of what we have so far,…
Here is the view of her room right when you walk in. (I’m standing in the doorway.)
- “Thomas” twin bed from Pottery Barn Kids in Rustic Sun Valley White as well as the nightstand. We used L’s old PB Kids guardrail (which is why it doesn’t match.) I thought about painting it, but she’s almost done with it anyways and so I figured , “neh!”
- Pottery Barn Kids curtain – I got that on sale a couple years ago, so I was pretty proud of myself.
- Pottery Barn Kids Curtain Rod Hardware “Flutter” - I love the hardware. It draws your eye up and I think that makes the room look larger.
- Pottery Barn Kids Hayley Bedding - We got the quilt, pink gingham duvet cover, sheets, quilted sham
- Pottery Barn Kids Large Canvas Tote – Great way to hide all her stuffed animals and I think it’s really cute too.
- Pottery Barn Kids Knock-Off Butterfly Chandelier and wall decals- I registered for this $100 butterfly chandelier at PB Kids:
Here’s another shot of her pretty bed and her butterfly chandelier. I decided to go with cafe style shutters in her room and roman shades for the top half of the windows. our neighbors are very close on all sides and I thought this would give her privacy while still being able to let in a lot of light. Or, she could shut both the shutters and the roman shades and it gets very dark in her room for nap time. When I’m convinced E won’t electrocute herself on the lamp she has on her dresser, I’ll put that on her nightstand along with some other girly knick knacks.
- I got a behind the door organizer from Babies R’ Us and that’s where I store all her socks, hats, gloves, and bows.
- I added some of the butterfly decals to this side of her room just to carry the theme all the way around her room.